Monday 24 March 2014

My trip to the Peloponnese(12)- National Gallery of Nafplio.

After walking a bit further from the old city centre...
...we reached the National Gallery of Nafplio, an amazing building with a great collection of paintings.
At the time we were there they were exhibiting paintings that depict heroes and scenes from the 1821 Independence Revolution of Greece against the Turks so I think this blog post is really interesting as it coincides with tomorrow's celebration here in Greece.









































I love the details of these paintings.

5 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful paintings! :D

zina said...

εχω παει τοσες φορες Ναυπλιο και οχι εκει! πρεπει να το προγραμματισω :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This art takes my breath away! How beautiful and how nice you could take photos! Enjoy your week my friend! I'm loving your blog and learning a lot, too! Hugs!

simply bev said...

Great works! I especially like your photo of the colorful doorways in the courtyard and your final mirror shot. Lovely!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm amazed at how you could capture beautiful details of the painting with your camera!