Monday 3 September 2012

The end of July

Soon July came to an end and that meant countercounting to the end of summer.
So the end of July was filled with
beautiful sunsets...

 ...continuing with the rosebud wreath...
 ...finding sea glass....(this amazing piece was found by my friend's 8-year-old son whom I taught how to collect seaglass and unfortunately stayed with him!)
 ....finding some beautiful sea tiles...
 ...finding more beautiful sea glass...
 ...finding some special pieces like this yellow bead and the blue piece...
 ...finding more porcelain pieces...
 ...admiring more sunsets...

 ...continuing stitching...
 ...snorkeling....
 ...walking...


 ...daydreaming....
 ...finding even more sea glass...
 ...and pieces of brick....
 ...finishing the rosebud wreath (except for the backstitch)....
 ....finding a tiny squid(my son did) and letting it go of course...
 ...reading....
 ...buying from the Internet(Amazon and ebay) those two books for hubby on shadow puppet theatre....(Isn't it amazing that I found the first book which is out of print in the States?)


 ...spotting a tornado...(no, it was just a cloud)
 ...spotting lovely birds on the lawn....

 ...finally finishing the rosebud wreath....


 ...expecting a storm....

...that never came!

2 comments:

prpltrtl946 said...

Love, love, LOVE your photos!!! 8*)

Do you know what kind of bird you have there? It reminds me of an American Roadrunner!! Such a funny little bird! 8*)

Laura said...

What a wonderful post! Your cross stitch is beautiful and it reminds me of all the cross stitched textiles my yiayia made that I have tucked away. My favorite of your sea treasures are the sea tiles. Just lovely!