Saturday 30 June 2012

A cross stitch finish

During my short break at the beach house I managed to almost finish one of the kits my dear friend Marabeth had sent me from the States. She always finds cross stitch things to send me from thrift stores like material or threads or kits and I love stitching them one by one.
Since I have decided not to buy anything till I finish all the kits I have you are bound to see old things from my stash.
Here is the progress of the stitching during the days we stayed at the summer house plus the finished picture.
Les Mouettes by Lanarte
Day 1
 Day 2
 Day 3
 Day 4
Day 5
 Day 6
 I decided not to backstitch the word Mouettes underneath as French is not a language I speak.
And here is how I framed it this morning with an IKEA frame I already had.
It was  a lovely quick thing to stitch and finish!
And I already started another picture from my stash.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful finish and a perfect reminder of your beach vacation!

Teresa S. said...

Lovely stitching and that frame is perfect!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finish! Congratulations! I'm stitching from stash a lot these days too but mainly because a lot of the new designs just don't appeal to me... but then I've got enough stitching to do for several lifetimes!