Monday 14 November 2011

Paying tribute...

My father-in-law suddenly died in his sleep on Sunday morning.
He was my ex husband's father but I always considered him my second dad after my dad. He was a nice quiet man who never accused me for divorcing from his son and never said bad words to me or about me. I loved him and he loved me.
Although I don't see my in-laws as often as I used to years ago when I was in their family I never felt that I have left their family and his sudden death really touched me and saddened me.
My son has the name of his grandfather and his surname is continuing the family name and I hope he will always be a nice loved man with a strong united family around him like his grandpa was.
I am hurting for my mother-in-law who is shocked by the sudden death of her life long husband whom she married at a very young age.
I always trusted my son to his father and to my in-laws and he has a close relationship with them which for me is the best thing ever. When one is divorcing the children should not be alienated from the other parent, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins so that they feel they belong to a big family.
I am glad I was mature enough to continue my son's and my own relationship with my ex husband's family and I am more than grateful that they too kept me in their hearts and in their family as a member always.
More over I really appreciate the fact  that my son's father remarried and has made a new beautiful family that loves my son and respects me.Finally I am thankful and happy that the man of my life always stands by me and my son.
I admit that my father's-in-law death and funeral made me really think and appreciate the good things in my life.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no Aridane, I am ever so sad to hear this :(
my condolances to his family & to yours, as a consequence.
take care xoxo

paula said...

hugs *

Marabeth said...

Beautiful words about a special man who will on in your heart and through your son. I am very sorry for your loss and your saddness.

Ariadne said...

Thank you all for your kind words!
AriadnefromGreece!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Seamaiden said...

Sweetie, I'm so behind in keeping up and I am sorry I missed this. Please accept my belated and heartfelt condolences on this sudden and sad loss. May you find peace and comfort in the warm memories of this very special man, and in the love of your friends and family who care for you.
(((hugs)))